Current Interests/ Projects
- eLearning in healthcare higher-education
- eHealth- mobile apps, Virtual rehabilitation, exergaming
- Collaborative healthcare interprofessional education initiatives
- Neurological Physiotherapy- Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
- Member of SoTEL research cluster, AUT University (http://sotel.nz)
- Member of Centre for eHealth, AUT University (http://ehealth.aut.ac.nz/)
- Lecturer- Physiotherapy at AUT University, Auckland New Zealand. June 2007- present.
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Older Adult
- Technology in Clinical Practice
- Digital fluency in Curriculum Development
- International Curriculum Reviewer for Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand. 2016- present.
- Curriculum Advisor for Namseoul University, South Korea (in association with AUT University). 2015- present.
- Programme Leader- Physiotherapy Curriculum at AUT University, Auckland New Zealand. 2013- 2016.
- Senior Research Officer at AUT University, Auckland New Zealand. June 2007- 2011.
Stretton, T. (2016). A Guide to Clinical Skills for Health Students. (S. Shaw, W. Horne, D. Reid, & K. Reed, Eds.). Melbourne, VC: Oxford University Press.
Stretton, T. (2010, December 15). Eye and Body Movement Strategies during Turning Tasks in Older Adults at Risk of Falls. (Master’s Thesis/Postgraduate Dissertation, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand).
Cochrane, T., Stretton, T., Aiello, S., Britnell, S., Cook, S., Christie, D., & Narayan, V. (2017, 4-6 December). Developing virtual collaborative health team educational environments. In review for Ascilite 2017, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia.
Stretton, T. Babbage, D. (2017, February 16). Body Weight Support Treadmill Training in Stroke. In Presentation and Practical Workshop presented at Rehab Plus. Auckland New Zealand.
Stretton, T., Taylor, D., & Stott, S. (2011, May 28). Gait analysis of Cerebral Palsy: Stepping forward from laboratory to clinical application. In Neurosymposium of Neurology Special Interest Group of Physiotherapy New Zealand. Dunedin, New Zealand.
Stretton, T., & Taylor, D. (2009, June 21). Eye and body movement strategies during turning tasks in older adults at risk of falls. In International Society of Posture and Gait Research Conference. Bologna, Italy.
Koolaiyan, K., Stretton, T., & Taylor, D. (2009, May 15). Anticipatory postural adjustments during voluntary arm movement. In Physiotherapy New Zealand Conference. Auckland, New Zealand.
Taylor, D., & Stretton, T. (2003). Prevalence, Risk Factors, Adaptive Strategies and All That is Slips. Paper presented at the Annual New Zealand Physiotherapy Neurosymposium, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Stretton, T., & Maxwell, W. (2000). Neurological Rehabilitation in an Interdisciplinary Team. Paper presented at the 2nd New Zealand Rehabilitation Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
Stretton, T., & Frost, D. (1997). Action Research: The Clinicians’ Experience. Paper presented at the 2nd Biennial International Research Nurses Conference, Palmerston North, New Zealand